বৃহস্পতিবার, ১৮ অক্টোবর, ২০১২

Easy Bacon Chicken Bowl | PaleOMG - Paleo Recipe

Just so you know, this recipe has bowl in the title, because I put it in a bowl to eat it all out of. So creative.

I?m back to the easy recipes again. Life is a bit crazy right now while I?m finishing up the cookbook. Trying to come up with new paleo recipes for the book, while I still try to feed you through my website. Not exactly the easiest feat. I?m not that creative. Sadly. I?ve had to utilize my crockpot A LOT recently to make sure I actually eat enough food. Especially since a lot of you people out there don?t think I eat enough. George from Civilized Caveman has been saving my life with his simple recipes from his Caveman Feast E-book. His Coffee Roasted Chuck Roast in the crockpot is making me love life again. I guess I?m kind of breaking the rules with my no coffee thing. Eating it is different than drinking it?right? For sure. Much love George, you?re keeping me alive.

Yesterday I made three desserts for my cookbook. It?s real real hard not to eat all that stuff. I only allowed myself one bite of each recipe. That turned into probably 3 or 4, but whatevs. Totally worth it. I made a donut that is probably one of my favorite recipes I?ve ever made. For reals. I?m sorry, you won?t get to see that until April. But it will be worth the wait, promise.

Ok wait, so I thought that I might be missing the New Girl?s latest episode last night since I was working, but then someone told me that the debates were on so there wasn?t a new episode. CAN THIS BE TRUE!?!? Say it ain?t so. I will be so ridiculously upset if it is. Ok, not really, but still a bit upset. New Girl and the Mindy Project episodes are what I like to fill my extra time with. That wayI don?t dwell about being single for the rest of my life. Guess you know what I?ll be talking about in my post tomorrow.

Speaking of relationships (well, ones that actually work), my cousin Katie is getting married soon. Meaning May, so not actually soon. But whatever. She?s probably the best looking person in our entire family, so we all know her wedding is going to be just as good looking. And it?s started off that way already with bridemaids dresses. They?re awesome. I need to get mine altered so my nipple doesn?t make an appearance (I don?t think I get to bring a guest), but once I do, I?ll be sure to show you pictures. Not of my nipple, of the dress. Not that you care, but it?s awesome and gorgeous and I want to share it with the world. My dress.

Did anyone else get my nipple joke(s)? Dear lord I hope so.

Easy Bacon Chicken Bowl

Prep time: 25 mins

Cook time: 12 mins

Total time: 37 mins

Serves: 1

  • 1/2 sweet potato or yam, cut lengthwise
  • 1 chicken thigh, excess fat removed
  • 2 slices of bacon
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Place your halved sweet potato cut-side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until your sweet potato is soft to the touch.
  3. When your sweet potato has about 6-8 minutes left to cook, place a medium skillet over medium heat.
  4. Add your two slices of bacon.
  5. Salt and pepper both sides of your chicken thigh.
  6. As soon as some of the fat begins to render in your pan, push the bacon to one side and place your chicken thigh into the bacon fat.
  7. Cook chicken and bacon on one side for about 4-5 minutes, then flip.
  8. Your bacon will cook a bit faster, so once it is done, place your sweet potato in a bowl and top it with bacon.
  9. To finish the chicken thigh through, add a tablespoon of water and cover for about 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Do what I do, check before you much.
  10. Add chicken thigh to your bowl.
  11. Last but not least, grab a fork and knife and cut it all up. Mix it all together.
  12. Top with a pinch of salt and pepper.
  13. Yum!

2.2.1

Source: http://paleomg.com/easy-bacon-chicken-bowl/

bowling green marysville tornados dr. seuss dr seuss the temptations rush limbaugh sandra fluke

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন